With the new fad of open concept floor plans, many homes today have large rooms. This makes choosing the perfect paint color even more difficult.
Here’s how you can elevate the look of those spacious rooms in your home by picking the right color or colors to reflect the personality you are trying to create in your home.
Important tips for choosing the perfect color:
1. Be creative
Don’t be afraid to get creative and try something new. We love mixing bold colors with some funky patterns on accent walls.
Use different shades of the same color to create patterns on a wall that ties in with some of your furniture.
This is a great way to make open concept rooms feel like different living spaces. Get inspiration from surrounding houses, friends or family, or even your favorite TV shows.
2. Be artistic and historical
Any art pieces that you have on your walls should always be the center of attention. To highlight any wall paintings or even statues, choose a single-tone wall color that will make your art pieces stand out.
You might want to pick more simple colors, or bolder colors depending on what you have in the room. You could take inspiration from historical events.
3. Consider your surroundings:
Before you choose a color, keep in mind what the room is used for, as well as the contents of the room. Pick colors that work with the furniture you have in the room.
Make sure you take into consideration what you want the room to be used for and what mood you want to set. For example,
- In an office with large windows, you might want lighter colors to capture the natural light that comes into the room.
- For a family room or living room, you may want to choose more rich colors to make the room feel cozy and inviting.
4. Prefer Coloring Architecturally
Painting according to the room’s architectural features is the most effective way to transform your room into a colorful place.
It’s highly recommended to use trim color in the adjoining rooms so that you can feel the sense of cohesiveness and an unbroken line that will please your eyes. Instead of focusing only on the walls, give attention to:
- Doors and arched doorways
- Built-in bookcases
- Windows and window trims
- Wall trims
So, pick up a good paint color with the basic tips above and let it fill your dreams and house.
Which color is best for house paint?
There are many beautiful paint colors that you can use to bring out the best in your home.
Here are some suggestions for you to try out:
- Dutch blue is a color that demands authority. Dutch blue can give your home a regal feel and is great for large rooms.
- Neutral greys mean business and if you’re a professional, neutral greys can reflect your degree of professionalism.
- Shades of yellow reflect a homely and happy vibe. Yellow is easy on the eyes and it perfectly pairs with other colors, like white or red.
- Pure white symbolizes purity and cleanliness and can create a soothing and fresh atmosphere inside your home.
- Shades of green can give your interior a very natural feel and it also goes well with indoor house plants.
Which color is best for your living room
Here are some color schemes that you can incorporate into your living room for a more inviting look.
- Periwinkle blue for a living room with a high ceiling
- Daffodil yellow with a deep yellow trim for a bright, fresh look
- Forest green for a tranquil living area
- Light oak for a warm, calming atmosphere
- Creamy neutrals create a soothing space
What’s the best color for high ceilings?
Using a darker paint color for high ceilings can showcase how large a room is.
Some good colors for a room with a high ceiling would be:
- Off-white looks great when paired up with pure white walls.
- Light grey ceilings go perfectly with light blue or burnt orange ceilings.
- Mustard yellow is a very bold color for a ceiling but when combined with violet or lavender walls, you’ll have a large room with a whimsical, yet relaxing feel.
How to choose interior painting services in San Diego?
Here’s what to look for when picking a reliable service that provides fast, affordable, and best-personalized solutions
- Skilled professional painters will curate a suitable budget for you while providing an effective service with extra care.
- Check the credibility of the service provider, before proceeding further.
- Trustable companies can provide a range of feasible options like interior and exterior painting and re-decorating.
- When choosing, do not just go for the lower price. Check the type of quality they produce. Remember, your larger rooms are going to represent your standard so don’t be picky about lower prices.
To have the walls of large rooms, decorated with elegant colors, their surface should be smooth, no one likes the rough patches on their beautiful, newly painted large rooms.
To avoid irregular surfaces, make sure you have a fine texture, on which you can apply the right paint colors for large rooms.
Moreover, make sure you get definite painting contractors by cross-checking all the facts listed below.
- Make sure your contractors are in the painting business for a definite time.
- Ensure they have a long list of happy customers.
- Check whether they have proper insurance coverage for general liability and worker’s comp.
- Check whether they offer a warranty for their painting service.
- Finally, make sure they are capable of completing painting work within the deadline.
Painting large spaces often require the eyes of a trained professional who is able to enhance the room and its decorative features flawlessly.
Contact professional interior painting contractors in the San Diego area today to uplift your living space.