The color indigo has a history as rich as the color itself. Indigo dye was extracted from the plants in the older times and was considered a prized possession in Europe. The fabrics containing indigo dyes were considered a luxury. Add indigo to any room for a new rich look.
Indigo for a modern look
The color indigo is a perfect blend of blue and violet. It is rich and bright at the same time.It is also extremely versatile which is why it is used to depict an array of different styles and emotions. Interior walls painted Indigo manifests a relaxed, whimsy kind of romance. Painting the living room with shades of indigo is believed to impart a certain kind of positive energy. It relaxes the mind and calms the soul of the people. Pairing indigo with white can give your home a fresh new look that stands out.
Things to do with indigo
Being a popular color for ages, there are some things that work wonders when matched with indigo. But it all depends upon which shades of indigo you use and how you use them. Some of the do’s with indigo color is:
- Indigo works out best on the walls that aim to reflect some coziness such as libraries and media rooms.
- In the coastal area of San Diego, indigo is a fun color to be used as an accent wall, providing a splash or personality to the room.
- Mixing indigo with bold and bright colors create enormous energy in the aura of a room.
- Pairing indigo with blue and white accessories to add a touch of class to the environment.
- Indigo, when matched with soft colors can bring a classic look. For a modern touch, pair indigo with brighter, more bold colors.
- Don’t be scared of trying out new ways to use the indigo color. Since the color is very versatile, it can be used almost everywhere to add a classic touch to the environment.
Combinations of indigo
The vastness of the indigo color makes it possible to pair indigo with almost any other color to add different styles of energy to the room. Some of the best combinations of indigo are with:
- White color is as versatile as indigo. Hence, the combination of while and indigo is one of the most classic combinations and works really well for giving a modern look.
- Yellow and blue combination is the classic French combo. Yellow warms up the cool touch of indigo. Also, the combination of yellow with indigo provides a very gentle tone to the atmosphere.
- Pair red with indigo for a bold combination in living rooms and dining rooms. It looks luxurious and sophisticated.
- Using orange color may seem to be a bold choice. However, when paired with the right shade of indigo, orange is a fun color to add a pop of brightness in your home.
Bright green pairs well with dark shades of indigo. It’s one of the best combos of indigo to add a modern look.