The color Indigo has a history as rich as the color itself. Indigo dye was extracted from the plants in the older times. Therefore, it was considered a much-prized possession in Europe. The fabrics obtained from the Indigo dyes were considered a luxury. It is because of these reasons that even today, Indigo color signifies royalty and modernity.
Indigo for a Modern Look
The color Indigo is a perfect blend of blue and violet. It is rich and bright at the same time. Also, the color Indigo is extremely versatile which is why it is used to depict an array of different styles and emotions. Interior painted with Indigo manifests a relaxed kind of romance, unlike the red color. Painting services San Diego for the living room with shades of Indigo is believed to impart a certain kind of positive energy. It relaxes the mind and calms the soul of the people. Furthermore, exterior house paintings San Diego Indigo may seem like a completely different approach at first. But pairing indigo with white can give your home, a look that stands out.
Things to do with Indigo
Being a popular color for ages, there are some things that work wonders when matched with indigo color. But it all depends upon which shades of indigo you use and how you use them. Some of the do’s with indigo color is:
- Indigo works out best on the walls that aim to reflect some coziness such as libraries and media rooms.
- In the coastal interior paintings of San Diego, indigo must be used as an accent color.
- Mixing indigo with bold and bright colors create enormous energy in the aura of a room.
- Pairing indigo with blue and white cutlery and vases add a touch of class to the environment.
- Indigo, when matched with soft colors brings a classic look. On the other hand, indigo, when matched with bright colors bring in modernity.
Avoid these things with Indigo
While great combinations can add remarkable style and modernity to your home, poor combinations and mistakes can turn out to be a disaster. Therefore, here are some don’ts to do with indigo color.
- Don’t limit the use of indigo with the wall paints and upholstery. Experiment with indigo to paint the furniture like side tables.
- Don’t be firm with the thought that indigo is a cool color. When used in the right way, it can emit warmth and richness.
- Don’t be scared of trying out new ways to use the indigo color. Since the color is very versatile, it can be used almost everywhere to add a classic touch to the environment.
Combinations of Indigo
The vastness of the indigo color makes it possible to pair indigo with almost any other color to add different styles of energy to the room. Some of the best combinations of indigo are with:
- White- White color is as versatile as indigo. Hence, the combination of while and indigo is one of the most classic combinations and works really well for giving a modern look.
- Yellow- Yellow and blue combination is the classic French combo. Yellow warms up the cool touch of indigo. Also, the combination of yellow with indigo provides a very gentle tone to the atmosphere. Furthermore, bright yellow adds a contemporary feel when paired with indigo.
- Red- Pair of red with indigo is a perfect combination to color the living rooms and dining space. It looks luxurious and sophisticated.
- Brown- Mixing indigo with brown has calming effects and adds some natural touches to the surroundings. Also, it looks very modern and sophisticated.
- Orange- Using orange color may seem to be a bold choice. However, when paired with the right shade of indigo, orange is the best color to add a pop of brightness in your home.
- Green- Bright green color works best with dark shades of indigo. It’s one of the best combos of indigo to add a modern look.